I had a church member that stated it was not important to believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin and that He was God to be saved, as long as we believed He was a good person that died for our sins.
There is another quote "Christian group" that holds to the doctrine that God would have never demanded a blood sacrifice and that Jesus went to the cross in vain. That would say that we are saved from His moral life example and by His death. They see His death as a useless event.
Well, for those who embrace the Word of God as true, this is our confession:
We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ: Our confession of FAITH
• The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of Mary when she was a virgin, very God and very Man. Jesus was both 100% God and 100% human. God was His Father, and Mary was his mother. He was the Son of God, however, at no time was He ever less than God.
• The Lord Jesus Christ lived His life without sin. If He sinned in any way He would not have been God, and His blood would not have been qualified to be poured on the mercy seat in heaven. The Scriptures say that there can be no remission of sin without the shedding of blood.
• Jesus' death was for the sins of the world. My sin and your sin caused His death. Christ our Savior died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day according to the Scriptures and appeared to His disciples.
• Jesus was raised from the dead. This signified His supreme Lordship over death and the grave. Our physical and spiritual death was the natural result of our separation from God through sin.
• We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus Christ to heaven, His exaltation as Lord to the right hand of the Father, and His literal, physical return the second time for a glorious Church. Jesus now reigns as the immortal, invisible King who will one day establish His rule on earth at the appointed time of the Father.