| || |
In this crazy world everything is being renamed and redefined. The plan of the enemy is to define sin away from our culture.
Abortion is now called choice.
Drunkenness is called a disease or Social interaction.
Homosexuality is called an alternate lifestyle.
In order to maintain an ABSOBUTE standard, sin must be defined by someone who does not do it. God the Father is the only One who has the right to define sin. His Son died to pay the price of our sinfulness. When the world renames and redefines sin, it is an attempt to take the sinfulness out of sin and to make our Lord's death on the cross something done in vain. Sin is sinfully sinful. Deception is deceivingly deceptive. Here is what our God says about sin.
1. Sin is transgression of the law (1 Jn.3:4).
2. Sin is coming short of the glory of God (Romans. 3:23).
3. Sin is rebellion against God (Isaiah. 1:2).
4. Sin is unbelief: It makes God a liar (I John. 5:10).
5. Sin is going our own way, planning our own life according to our own will, without seeking the will of God (Isaiah. 53:6).
6. All unrighteousness is Sin (I John. 5:17).
When we play with sin by trying to use "Christian liberty" to do what is right in our own eyes we must remember that...
Sin is a folly to deceive us,
Sin is a force to destroy us and
Sin is a fact to condemn us.
A little leaven, leavens the whole lump!
Sin is a volitional act of disobedience against the revealed will of God.
But in our Lord Jesus Christ we can be free from the Penalty of sin, the Power of sin, and the Presence of sin. To Him be the glory. AMEN!