Ephesians 4:3 KJV Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
The word "Endeavouring" in the Greek means "to labor, to use speed, to make effort, to prompt, and to give diligence to."
Fellowship in the Spirit seldom just happens. There is an effort on one or both parties to pursue it.
Unity in the Spirit and unity in the Faith starts with those who embrace these basic doctrines of faith...
1. The doctrine of the Trinity, (God the Father, the God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit)
2. The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ,
3. The virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ,
4. The sacrificial work of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross to redeem mankind,
5. The Bible being the Word of God without compromise
6. Mankind as a whole is lost and cannot save himself and Jesus is the ONLY way of salvation
7. Salvation is a gift given out of God's love and a gift received by grace through faith without works of man
Many may call these "basic doctrines of the faith," but we see them as foundational and are mountains worth dying on. There are many doctrines that one can reject and it not have a life or death consequence to it. However, rejecting any of these 7 doctrines listed above affects our stand about the truth of God's Word as to who is He and what He has done for us and affects God's plan to redeem mankind from their sin nature.
Therefore, unless these basic doctrines are agreed upon there can be no fellowship, for there is no basis for unity in the Spirit.
If you can say "Yea and Amen" to these basic doctrines then we lovingly seek to walk in fellowship, in prayer, in praise, and in the Word of God with you. We also would like to assist you in anyway we can in advancing the kingdom truth of God's Word and His plans for you in these trying times which we live.
Charles Morris. Founder and Senior Pastor of RSIM USA.