2 Corinthians 10:3-6 ESV (3) For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. (4) For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. (5) We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, (6) being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.
Paul writes to the church and says that the weapons of OUR WARFARE are not carnal (fleshly) but different in that they are mighty through God to the destruction of Satan's strongholds.
Note what these weapons do:
PULL DOWN =====> STRONG HOLDS
CAST DOWN =====> IMAGINATIONS
CAST DOWN =====> EVERY HIGH THING THAT EXALTS ITSELF AGAINST GOD.
CAPTURES =====> EVERY THOUGHT TO CHRIST
Isn't it interesting that most Christians live as though they had no offensive weapons at all. Never do they attack the enemy. They spend their lives fending off the attacks of the enemy cringing in their corners like powerless weaklings.
It is time to WAKE UP! It is time PULL DOWN, CAST DOWN, CAST OUT, BIND, REBUKE, RESIST, ROUT, AND SPOIL the enemy's encampments before he entrenches himself in our back yards!
This war takes place in the realm of prayer. Here is what we are commanded to do to Satan through prayer:
1. BE STRONG IN THE LORD! BE BULLISH! - Eph.6:10
2. PUT ON THE ARMOR OF GOD - Isa.59:16-19; Eph.6:11-18
3. BIND THE ENEMY is Jesus Name - Matt.18:18-20; Matt.12:29
4. RESIST HIS EFFORTS - Jam.4:7; I Pet.5:9
5. CLAIM THE BLOOD of Jesus as your power and safety - Rev.12:11; I Jn.4:4
6. DECLARE THE LOOSING OF CAPTIVES - Lk.4:18; Lk.13:16
7. PULL DOWN his STRONGHOLDS - II Cor.10:3-5
8. ASK AND TRUST IN GOD'S HEDGE AROUND YOU - Ez.22:30; Ps.34:7; Ps.91:1-2
9. COMMAND HIM TO LEAVE - CAST HIM OUT! - Matt.10:1; Matt.16:23
10. REBUKE HIM IN JESUS NAME - Matt.8:26; Matt.17:18; Jude 1:9
It is only when we stand in our own righteousness that we should be afraid to stand before the enemy, for our righteousnesses are as "FILTHY RAGS" but the righteousness of Christ is called the "BREASTPLATE (metal jacket) OF RIGHTEOUSNESS."
Charles Morris. Founder and Senior Pastor of RSIM USA.